Over 200 parents and pupils attended the Open Evening last night, guided around the school by 6th year pupils.
Departments across the school laid out displays of pupil work and the types of resources used in 1st year, with opportunities to play on Smartboards running typical software:
- Pupils in Performing Arts and PE provided demonstrations of their skills in music, drama, gymnastics, basketball and badminton.
- In Home Economics, future pupils had the opportunity to make their own special bookmarks and see round the kitchens.
- Science staff set up experiments for visitors to take part in
- Modern Languages provided a short sample lesson
- The English department provided additional information about the school website and blogs.
Parents also had the chance to pop into the Citizens Cafe for a breather and a cup of tea or coffee.