Our successful Christmas Fair took place on Saturday 30th November. We discovered many pupils have a natural talent for haggling and bargaining, encouraging lots of extra wee things into already bulging bags.Thanks to the wonderful collection of donations and pupils’ powers of persuasion over £1600 has been raised so far with funds still coming in.
We have a huge number of people to thank for helping with this event:
- thanks to pupils from the Personal Development and Enterprise classes who have worked hard to put the fair together over the last months. On Friday they reorganised our theatre and gyms, created and displayed a host of signs to lead customers to the fair, as well as looking after stalls, and the cafe, and subsequently tidied everything away again.
- thanks to staff from across the school, who volunteered to help with the gathering of donations, taking care of the stalls, face-painting, nail decoration and the cafe with its lovely Christmassy choir, amongst a host of other activities.
- thanks to pupils from the Photography Club who documented the morning for posterity, even when people kept moving about!
- thanks to Cubis Castles, who kindly gave us a special deal on the bouncy castle.
- thanks to Mrs Lyn Zambonini who coordinated the whole event from the beginning.
- thanks to the local businesses and organisations who came along to help raise funds or made donations of goods.
- thanks to our special Santa Claus, who managed to take time out of his schedule to come along.
Most of all, thanks to our pupils and their families who have supported the whole idea, brought a wonderful collection of donations as part of our non-uniform day on 29th November, and came along to support us on the Saturday morning.
Congratulations to Jamie Duddy, Mrs McShannon and Mr Macfadyen, who won the baskets and Christmas cake.