Report by Rachael Clinton
Mrs Zambonini has been hard at work organising the school’s 2014 annual Christmas Fair. This year’s event will take place on the 29th of November in the Zone area from 10am to 12pm. It is hoped the Fair will be as prosperous as last year’s and will raise a good amount of money for school funds.
Lots of different departments are getting involved and each are contributing to the fair.
From Mrs Zambonini’s Personal Development Class and XL classes, we have:
- Santa’s Grotto, where children (and sometimes adults) can come and meet the bearded man himself.
- A bouncy castle (also not just for the children)
- Face painting AND nail painting.
- Homemade Christmas cards, wind chimes, and seasonal decorations
- The EXCLUSIVE new school scarf
- From her XL class we also have sweets for sale
- And of course tea/coffee and a variety of home baked goods will be sold
And if that selection isn’t mouth-watering enough the Home Economics/Hospitality/Cake Craft classes have also made festive gingerbread houses and cakes! (woah, sugar rush) The Modern Studies/Social Subjects department will also have a tombola stall and RE and Learning Support will have a toy stall.
We also have people outside the school visiting for the occasion. We have a mother of one of our first year pupils selling homemade hair scrunchies emblazoned with the school badge, if you want to be really patriotic. There will also be a company selling brand makeup such as MAC and Christian Dior for discounted prices. We know, we’re so fancy.
And to top off our festive extravaganza we have entertainment provided by the school choir with our very own musical maestro Aaron Hawthorne playing the piano.
So come along and have a look at what’s on offer, have a bite to eat and maybe even a wee sing-song depending on how much coffee you’ve drank. It’s sure to be a good day out for the whole family (as long as you leave the dog at home that is),