20th April 2016
Dear Parent /Carer,
SQA Examinations 2016 and Study Leave Arrangements for S4 and S5 Students.
Individual examination timetables have been issued to all S4 and S5 students in preparation for their SQA examinations which start on Thursday 5th May 2016. Each student must be responsible for arriving in good time for each examination, bringing any necessary equipment and checking notice boards for seat numbers, rooms and other information. School uniform must be worn by all students attending for examinations or using school study facilities. Students using study facilities or seeing their teacher for support during study leave must sign in at front office.
Additional important information for students:
- Study leave for students who are sitting exams begins on Tuesday 3rd May 2016 at 3.15pm. Students should attend school on this day as normal.
- There will be no study leave for pupils who are following National 4 courses or a mixture of N4 & N5 courses which do not have an exam.
- Monday 2nd May is a holiday.
- Thursday 5th May is an In-Service Day. This, however, is the date of the National 5, Higher and Advanced Higher English exams. School transport has been organised for pupils and this information will be given to pupils individually. There will be no catering facilities on this day.
- Friday 27th May is a holiday. This is the date of the Nat 5 and Higher Business and Computing Science exams. School transport has been organised for pupils and this information will be given to pupils individually. There will be no catering facilities on this day.
- Monday 30th May is also a holiday. This is the date of the N5 and Higher Modern Studies exams. School transport has been organised for pupils and this information will be given to pupils individually. There will be no catering facilities on this day.
- The booklet “Your Exams 2016” provides useful information for students. All pupils have been issued with this booklet. Students can register at mysqa.info to have results texted/emailed to them as well as their certificates still being posted out. Exam results are due on Tuesday 9th August.
- A study room will be available for any students who wish to use this facility during study leave. Pupils may also go to their teachers for assistance at the times they would normally be in class.
- Please note that SQA have issued strict instructions regarding digital audio devices e.g. mobile phones, MP3 players, i-pods, etc. These are strictly prohibited and must not be taken into the exam room. Any breach of exam regulations involving these devices may lead to cancellation of exam entry by SQA.
- The SQA Candidate Mass will be on Friday 22nd April at 11.30 a.m.
- All S4 pupils sitting National 5 exams should return to school on the day following their last SQA exam.
- All S5 year pupils intending to return for a Sixth year must return to school on Monday 6th June
On behalf of the staff I would like to wish all students every success and good wishes for the forthcoming exams and for their future careers.
Mrs M Donnachie
Depute Head Teacher 5th & 6th Year