Report from Mrs Maguire
On Thursday 2nd June, Mrs Sharon Maguire, PT Support for Learning, attended a Dragon Software seminar in Edinburgh University. She was accompanied by Mr Roddy Moir, the school’s senior technician, as well as two of our pupils currently benefiting from the software across the curriculum. The seminar was organised as part of the pilot scheme that our school has been involved in since the start of the current session. Mrs Maguire spoke at the seminar, outlining the ways in which the speech-to-text software has been used throughout the school. The pupils also demonstrated how they use this software on a daily basis to assist them with their dyslexic-type difficulties. The fellow participants were very impressed with the pupils’ abilities and both were commended for their ICT skills.
Report by Mrs Macfadyen
Our Patronal Feast Day Mass was held last Friday, 25th March, the closest Friday to the Feast of the Annunciation dedicated to Our Lady. The mass was presided over by the Right Reverend Bishop Joseph Devine and concelebrated by Fr Reilly, Fr Garwalinski, Fr Chromy, Canon Carey, Fr McGoldrick and our own School Chaplain, Fr Frank King.
The school was delighted to welcome Mrs Anne Donaldson and Mr Robert Dalzell from North Lanarkshire Council’s Learning and Leisure Services along with elected members, Councillor Nolan, Councillor Stewart and Councillor Ross, and former members of staff including Mr John White, Mr Raymond Lunny, Mr Jim Friel, Mrs Bridie Rynn and Mr Brian McCrossan.
After the service, staff and invited guests enjoyed a lunch prepared by the school Social Committee.
An enormous list of people helped this to be a successful and uplifting event:
- our Performing Arts Faculty and Fr King, who selected some beautiful music appropriate to the event, magnificently performed by our school band and choir
- all of the pupils and staff involved in the performance who worked so hard at rehearsals
- our School Captains, Christopher Costello and Paula Jane Graham, for the readings
- the pupils who assisted in the procession and as altar servers
- janitors, administration and technical staff who organised all those behind the scenes preparations that make the day go so smoothly
- our photography team, Lorna, Rachael and Scott,
- and of course, the staff and pupils of Our Lady’s High School.