Report by Aaron Hawthorne, 1M2
As you all know, the Citizens Cafe has recently opened for business every interval and lunchtime.
We caught up with Mr Smith who was in charge of making this success, for an interview and here is what happened :-
Q) Why did you open the Citizens Cafe Now and not earlier or later?
A) We tried opening the Citizens Cafe last year but wasn’t really that successful, but this year 6th years helped to organise this and it has turned out to be a success so far.
Q) What Year group is the Citizens Cafe Mainly opened for, or is it open for all?
A) We have the Cafe open for all year groups and we encourage all ages to come along.
Q) Is there a rota for the supervisors?
A) Yes there is a rota for the 6th years that kindly offer to help out and supervise but sometimes they are not enough, for the 6th years are very busy.
Q) Do you intend to keep the Citizens Cafe open for a long time?
A) We would like to think that we will keep the Citizens Cafe open for a good while yet, but this will only continue if more people come along at intervals and lunchtime.
Q) Are you happy with the amount of people that are coming, and are you happy with the business?
A) We aren’t open to make profits and money so the business doesn’t really bother us, but we are not so happy about the amount of people who are coming. Since we have opened, not a lot of people have been coming at intervals and lunchtime, so we hope for more people to come.
Mr Smith would like you to note that:-
- WE NEED AS MANY PEOPLE TO COME TO THE CITIZENS CAFE AS POSSIBLE AT INTERVALS AND LUNCHTIMES OR ELSE THERE IS NO POINT BEING OPEN.
- We are looking for people of all Year Groups to help with supervising the Citizens Cafe. If you are interested, please see Mr Smith.
- Please remember that The Citizens Cafe is a great environment for socializing and for ‘Chilling Out’.
- The Citizens Cafe is open at interval with music drinks and more.
- The Citizens Cafe is open at Lunchtime for those who wish to sit down while eating their packed Lunch and it will still play music.
So please come along to the Citizens Cafe at intervals and even lunchtime for a great time, and remember if you wish to help supervise the Citizens Cafe. No matter if you are 1st year or 6th year, please see Mr Smith.