Severe Weather Work for S3 Geography
Make a poster or powerpoint presentation detailing how we get our weather in the UK. You should use information from your notes jotter and BBC Bitesize online. (Search for BBC Bitesize then click- National 5- Physical Environments- Weather).
You must include:
- A map of the UK with the 5 main air masses drawn on it
- A description of the different weather conditions the UK receives from different air masses in summer and winter
- Written information and diagrams which show the effects of latitude, relief, aspect and distance from the sea on local weather conditions
Your work should be well presented and colourful.
Severe Weather work for National pupils
- Learn and revise your notes from your notes jotter.
- Create mind maps/ revision cards summarising key notes from topics so far. (For example, revision cards on formation of features such as corrie/ U-shaped valley/ stack).
- Use the SQA site to access past paper questions. You should then hand these into your teacher for marking.
Severe Weather work for Higher pupils
- Learn and revise your notes from your booklets.
- Create mind maps/ revision cards summarising key notes from topics so far.
- Use the SQA site to access past paper questions or use your past paper booklets to answer questions which have not been answered previously in class. You should then hand these into your teacher for marking.