S3 History Winter Work
- You should choose a topic to research.
- You should use your class notes and websites to research at least 3 different areas which are important to your topic
- Within each area you should try to identify a cause or an impact
- Create a text which you can hand into your teacher. This could be an essay; a poster; a powerpoint presentation or any other idea you may have.
- RECRUITMENT: You could research at least 3 reasons which explain why young men volunteered to join up in 1914.
- TRENCH CONDITIONS: You could research at least 3 reasons which explain why conditions were so bad in the trenches
- WEAPONS OF WAR: You could research at least 3 weapons which were used to try and break the deadlock on the Western Front
- BATTLES: You could research either the Battle of Loos or the Somme and find at least 3 reasons why these battles were unsuccessful.
- LIFE ON THE HOME FRONT: You could research at least 3 reasons which explain why life for people at home changed during World War One
WINTER WORK NATIONAL 5 HISTORY FOR S4 AND S5
- Learn and revise your notes from the revision booklets you have been provided with
- You should write and memorise your assignment question which has been agreed with your teacher
- The BBC Bitesize National 5 section is very good for History revision
- Use the SQA site to access past paper questions. You should then hand them into your teacher for marking.
WINTER WORK HIGHER HISTORY
- Scottish History
- Use your textbook and class notes to revise all 4 issues
- Make sure you cover all course descriptors
- Answer all source work questions from your textbook and small booklet
- USA History
- Re-draft all class essays using the feedback from your teacher
- Write out paragraphs for the factors you DID NOT include in your essays. Remember these could be the isolated factor.
- Learn and memorise using the SQA course descriptors
- Research and write your Assignment using the question agreed by your teacher
- Learn and memorise.